Fu Jen Catholic University Survey for Prevention of Spread of COVID-19
In accordance with announcement 1090100030 by the ROC’s Ministry of Health and Welfare on 15th January, the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was classified as a Category 5 communicable disease. FJCU is concerned about the well-being of all staff and students, as we work together to safeguard a healthy campus. In dealing with the COVID-19, FJCU is working in tandem with directives from both the government and the Education Ministry, which requires the filling in of a survey. From now until the end of the epidemic, all students and staff are required to fill in the daily health status form. If there is a recent personal travel history (from January 20th) it is also necessary to report by the school/government with regard to your health status.
Personal Information Protection Statement: All personal information collated via this survey would be used by the school/authorities for the purpose of prevention measures vis-à-vis communicable diseases. Please fill in the survey with accurate information. Withholding of information may lead to legal action.
i. Through the Central Epidemic Outbreak Command Center to announce third-level tourist epidemic warnings to students and staff who enter the country (including transit) should stay at home and rest for 14 days, and avoid going to school. Staff should also avoid going into public areas, wear a mask, and practice self-health management. Staff should take their temperature twice daily, once in the morning and once at night, and report the recorded temperatures to the Office of Student Affairs for a period of 14 days.
ii. Keep your area of activity limited to a single-room and avoid contact with others. Wash your hands with soap frequently, especially after coming into contact with bodily fluids. Do not share items with others, and clean your surroundings with bleach. If your temperature is above 38 degrees Celsius, or if you develop respiratory disease symptoms, and if you have travelled to Mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macao, or come into contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19, call 1922, and follow instructions from the relevant personnel to seek medical attention.
iii. Things to note:
- If you are ill, stay at home and avoid interaction with others as far as possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough with a tissue or your upper sleeve.
- You should wear a mask constantly if you have presented with respiratory disease symptoms.
- Classrooms, offices, and venues for large-scale activities should be disinfected with bleach, and have only one designated entry point. All who enter should have their temperatures checked, and anyone with a fever should report to the Division of Sanitary.
Suggestions on disinfection:
- Common areas like chairs, elevator button panels, handles, furniture, kitchen etc. should be disinfected with a solution of 1:100 dilution of household bleach (500 ppm)
- Showers and toilet seats should be disinfected with a solution of 1:10 dilution of bleach (5000 ppm)
- Disinfection should take place at least once daily, and bleach solution should be prepared on the spot for disinfection
- Sufficient ventilation with clean air should be maintained indoors
iv. Head to http://0rz.tw/3Wcod for relevant information on COVID-19. All information is subject to changes in accordance with the Central Epidemic Command Center.
v. Head to http://health.dsa.fju.edu.tw/#&panel1-2 for important information to note with regard to the prevention of communicable diseases as well as environmental disinfection on campus.
FJCU Cares About Your Health